1. What is an app passcode and how is it useful? List out the procedure to activate the same?
An App Passcode is a 4-digit numeric code that acts as a security mechanism allowing only those who know the code to access the application.
You can set and activate the app passcode from the Login screen of the application. This is to prevent any unauthorized access, whenever you take the app to the background or lock the device.
Apart from that, whenever you launch the application and if the app passcode is already active, then you need to enter this 4-digit code to access the application.
Steps to activate the app passcode
- In the Login screen, tap
- In the Create DataVault Passcode! screen, type and retype your new passcode in the respective fields and tap Create. Your new passcode gets created, enabling you to access this app (Refer screen shots across various devices – functionality remains the same).
On an iOS device
On an Android device
2. Which OS platforms, versions and form factors are compatible with the mobile application?
The following OS platforms, versions and form factors are compatible with the mobile application.
However, it is recommended that you check with the IT and Administration team for individual application dependencies and compatibility.
OS platform and version
- iOS 9.0 and above
- Android 5.5 and above
Compatible Form Factors
For detailed information about the device compatibility, please refer the latest version of the application release notes and also check with the IT and administration team.
Note: Based on the specific app that you want to access; the compatibility requirement also varies accordingly.
3. What are the SAP Business Suite requirements for using the mobile application?
The following business suite requirements need to be in place:
- ECC 6.0 EHPx and above (recommended).
- However, lower versions are also compatible (requires evaluation).
4. What are the security authentication mechanisms that are available for the mobile application?
Below are some of the security authentication mechanisms that are available for a mobile application:
- Basic authentication
- SSO2 between SMP and NetWeaver Gateway
- Active directory SSO
Please contact our customer support team to help you refer the latest version of the application deployment guide for detailed information about the authentication mechanism.
5. Which browsers are compatible with the UI5 mobile application?
Browsers that are compatible with the UI5 mobile application are as follows:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Last extended support release cycle (recommended)
Latest rapid release cycle (conditionally supported)
Google Chrome (recommended)
Latest release cycle for Windows with NW 7.02, 7.03, 7.30 and higher
Latest release cycle for OS X with NW 7.40 and higher
On OS X for 3 years from version release date support of NW 7.02, 7.03, 7.30 and higher.
For detailed information about UI5 compatible browsers, please contact our customer support team to get the latest version of the application deployment guide.
6. Why are postings that are done in offline mode, not being displayed in the application?
Please note that the data, which is posted in the offline mode doesn’t get refreshed automatically. This may be the reason, why you were unable to see the latest data that is displayed on the UI.
You are required to perform Offline Syncing from the application’s Home screen manually for data that is posted in the offline mode to get refreshed and displayed.On posting in offline mode, the record gets highlighted and by reverting to online mode, the record gets refreshed and updated.
7. Why doesn’t the user get unregistered when I logout of the application?
This option of unregistering the user upon logout can be enabled/disabled using RACE.
8. I forgot my app passcode. How do I reset it?
You cannot reset your app passcode, and need to reinstall the application.
9. What do I need to do to upgrade to iOS 10.0 ?
When users are already running Innovapptive’s mobile applications on iOS 9.0 and subsequently upgrade the device to iOS 10.0,there will not be any impact on the application's functionality. Application works fine.
However, if you observe any issue in the app, please report it to the Helpdesk to further analyze the issue
10. Why does the app log me out automatically due to inactivity ?
SAP Mobile platform maintains a session timeout value at server level, which is 20 minutes as standard. If the application is inactive for more than 20 minutes, server invalidates its session and verifies the user login credentials again to activate the session.
11. Can I login to the app in an offline mode ?
Yes, you can login to the application in offline mode and work on the data that is already saved on the device.