The concept of UI personalization is gaining momentum across several applications among users, particularly who are in the key operational roles of production, finance, marketing, HR and other departments. While working with core business applications, business users are looking for a more user friendly UI that eliminates unnecessary technical jargon and at the same time, providing a more flexible and a simpler mechanism to execute their business processes. This is particularly true with SAP customers, who are asking for a simpler way to make their end users productive as well as happier with the classic SAP solutions. Keeping the user requirements and preferences at the highest radar, SAP developed SAP Screen Personas, which is a UI tool that delivers a new personalization option for modifying SAP GUI screens. IT departments and other authorized users can improve and customize their screens to incorporate the information they need most on the screen that ultimately optimizes their usability and productivity. SAP Personas offers intuitive screens that enhance usability – integrates functionality, performance and user experience. SAP personas provides the right information to the right users in the right context – they can get more work done within less time and with greater accuracy.
Installation process and road map for SAP Screen Personas
The installation process consists of 3 simple steps:
- Install simple add-on
- Apply enablement note
- Assign preconfigured roles to users
One of the main advantages of this installation is it doesn’t disrupt an organization’s existing IT landscape and also doesn’t need additional servers. The primary roadmap for implementing SAP screen personas is as follows:
- Identify processes
- Simplify processes
- Analyze data requirements
- Build screens
- Automate the appropriate processes
There are three types of experts, who would primarily be required to ensure a successful SAP Screen Personas implementation such as: Business process expert: He/she would primarily be involved in understanding the existing business processes of the user; analyze, simplify and design new business processes that are aimed to save time and resources. SAP screen personas expert: Once the business processes are defined by the process expert, the SAP screen personas expert would configure and customize the screens; eliminate redundant screens or pull information from various screens to be displayed on a single screen. Design expert: At the final stage of implementation, the services of the design expert are undertaken, who would solely be responsible to incorporate the right look and feel elements, thus ensuring a pleasurable user experience.
Now let’s understand some of the core features of SAP Personas 3.0 version*:
- Themes let you bring in the look and feel for all screens at one time.
- Edit mode enables you to enhance individual screens.
- Visual enhancements improve usability.
- Merge lets you pull information from different tabs and incorporate in a single screen.
- Scripting enhances user productivity.
- Administrative settings provides complete control of what features your users need, based on their respective roles.
Create Standard Order: Overview (Original SAP screen)
Create Standard Order: Overview (After applying SAP Screen Personas)
1. Provides a single UX entry point for all SAP applications designs
- Use SAP Screen Personas to enhance any Dynpro screen into the Fiori design.
- Launch SAP Screen Personas transactions from any of the platforms: Browser, Fiori Launchpad, NWBC or SAP Portal
2. Provides an intuitive suite on SAP HANA experience
- Simplify any of the 10,000+ SAP GUI transaction screens for which no smart Business Cockpit, Factsheet or Fiori app exists. •
3. Enables seamless migration to cloud
- Access any SAP GUI transaction through browser.
- Eliminate SAP GUI dependency (no need to install any client on desktop systems).
- Improve employee productivity in terms of percentage of time spent on data entry.
- Simplify the user interaction through SAP – enhance adoption of business processes.
- Reduce the overall employee training costs. • Minimize rework and ensure data quality.
- Improve your company’s image and branding.
From the above discussion, it is evident that SAP Screen Personas is a new age UI tool that is redefining the way business processes are being implemented and screens are being designed, taking into consideration the growing expectations from the SAP users. Customers are looking for simple and user-friendly SAP systems that eliminates the clutter and complexity of typical business processes that their users encounter, and at the same time providing a great look and feel for the screens that they encounter on a day to day basis.
If you would like to request a demo for “SAP Screen Personas”, please click on the link above. Alternatively, if you would like to discuss with an Innovapptive solution expert, you can reach out to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can reach a sales representative at (713) 275-1804.
* This version is in the ramp up stage and would be released shortly.